New Entry-Level Triumph Motorcycles Are Coming
A fuller lineup is coming to the iconic British bike brand.
You can already get on a brand new Triumph for under $10,000, but more affordable entry-level bikes are coming, according to Motorcycle News. Triumph has teamed up with Indian bike maker Bajaj which specializes in scooters and small bikes to make this happen.
“Triumph is an iconic motorcycle brand and we’ve enjoyed fantastic international growth over recent years," Triumph CCO Paul Stroud said to Motorcycle News. "What the partnership provides is the opportunity to create a lower entry point into the brand and gives us the opportunity to enter a new market segment. To be honest, we want to take the Triumph brand to a whole new range of customers and today that’s just not the case.”
This partnership wasn’t just made to diversify the Triumph lineup in the West. India is seeing rapid growth in the middleweight, sub-800cc market and Triumph wants in on the action. Triumph India will work as a liaison between their UK headquarters and Bajaj. Bajaj will eventually take over leadership in India of the joint venture when the product(s) they come up with get closer to launch.
So what can we expect from the mysterious new budget-friendly bike? “The motorcycles we are developing will be much more mid-capacity,” said Stroud.
“The new motorcycles will combine the iconic heritage of Triumph with the back end efficiencies of Bajaj, thus creating a unique product unavailable to both partners," said Ravikumar, Bajaj's president of business development.
Triumph does retro-modern styling better than anyone in the business. To see Triumph design translated into a smaller, cheaper bike than the current Bonneville or Street Twin would be spectacular. This thing can’t come to the U.S. soon enough.
- RELATED23-Year-Old Becomes Youngest Motorcyclist to Ride Solo Around the WorldHe circumnavigated the globe on a Triumph Bonneville.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe New Triumph Bonneville Has Hollywood Shoes to FillEven if you’re not a motorcycle guy, a fresh Bonnie is worth getting excited about.READ NOW
- RELATEDTriumph to Become Exclusive Engine Supplier for Moto2 Racing SeriesThere's so much more to Triumph than retro Bonnevilles.READ NOW
- RELATEDTriumph Speed Triple Turned Into the Type 35Hungarian designer makes the hooligan’s best friend the hottest—and baddest—bully on the block.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Old Triumph Motorcycle Is Pure McQueenAnd you can buy it at auction next month.READ NOW