You Can Buy This Hideous but Cool Six-Wheeled Mercedes-Benz ML on eBay Right Now
At just under $25,000 this could be a bargain buy for fans of AMG's G63 6x6.
A few years ago, AMG debuted a 6x6 version of its G63 SUV. With 700 horsepower and six-wheel-drive, the G-Wagen sixer proved to be an imposing figure both on- and off-road. The AMG then spawned imitators, with custom shops making their own 6x6 trucks out of Ford Raptors and Jeep Wranglers. The G63 itself was a limited production affair, with used examples being listed for well over a million dollars. Even custom jobs based on cheaper vehicles will rack up six-figure price tags, so what is a six-wheeled enthusiast on a budget supposed to do?
Enter this right-hand-drive 2001 Mercedes-Benz ML currently listed on eBay UK for £19,995 (Approx. $25,000). The SUV's frame has been stretched to make way for a third axle, as well as a short pickup bed extending past the vehicle's rear hatch. A bumper bar installed on the ML's tailgate also holds a full-sized spare tire.
The third axle, unfortunately, is mostly for show. It's unpowered, but the ML can still make use of its factory four-wheel-drive system during any off-road escapades. For such a purpose, the Mercedes has six knobby, all-terrain tires mounted on 18-inch AMG alloy wheels.
The eBay page states that the ML is powered by a 3.2-liter V-6 engine mated to an automatic gearbox. Mileage on the Mercedes is listed at 140,000, and it's currently registered as road-legal in Nottingham, England. The Drive contacted the eBay seller to find more information on how this build came to be, but they didn't divulge too many details, only telling us that the conversion was done in Bulgaria over the course of a few months.
This ML may look a little awkward compared to other pickup conversions, and not having true six-wheel-drive is a bummer. Still, the Mercedes presents a relatively cheap opportunity to get into a uniquely customized SUV—if you’re into that type of thing.
- RELATEDMercedes-Benz E-Class Pickup Truck: Get Ute Some Truckin' GoodnessThis Franken-Benz is a full foot longer than a Chevrolet Suburban, giving you all the more reason to jump on its for sale listing.READ NOW
- RELATEDMercedes-Benz EQC Electric Crossover Makes US Debut at CES 2019Mercedes-Benz's first mass-produced electric vehicle steals the limelight in Las Vegas.READ NOW
- RELATED2019 Mercedes-Benz A-Class Sedan Will Start at $32,500 in the USThe upcharge to 4Matic is an extra $2,000.READ NOW
- RELATEDUpcoming Mercedes-AMG A45 S Will Likely Pack 415 HP, According to LeakIf true, the A45 S would sport a Bugatti-beating specific output of 207.5 horsepower per liter.READ NOW
- RELATED2019 Mercedes-AMG GLE 63 S Coupe Dubbed Project Inferno Is an 806-HP, 209-MPH MonsterWish your ride turned you into Marvel's The Punisher? Say no more.READ NOW