The 2018 Mazda MX-5 RF Starts at $31,910
For a minor price hike, the new fastback convertible Miata gets heated cloth seats and Advanced Keyless Entry.
Mazda has announced a change for the 2018 MX-5 RF at this year's Chicago Auto Show. Twenty-nine years ago at this very event, the public got its first glimpse of the MX-5 Miata, the plucky little roadster that would go on to define the brand. It's only appropriate that Mazda would continue to announce changes for its darling sports car at the annual Chicago event, North America's largest auto show.
Excluding destination charges, prices for the retractable hardtop Miata start at $31,190, but a fully-loaded MX-5 RF equipped with a six-speed automatic transmission will cost $34,125. Unlike its soft top sister, the RF's base trim starts with the Club, followed by the Grand Touring specification.
Three new colors are available, including Soul Red Crystal, Eternal Blue Mica, and Snowflake White Pearl Mica.
New standard features on the MX-5 RF Club include heated cloth seats and Advanced Keyless Entry. It also comes equipped with LED headlights, Advanced Blind Spot Monitoring, premium Bose audio, and a 7-inch infotainment system with Bluetooth, satellite radio, and two USB ports.
For $3,770, the Brembo/BBS package for the Club trim adds lighter BBS wheels, leather-trimmed seats, and sportier exterior aesthetics.
The Grand Touring trim is the next step up, featuring heated leather seats, navigation, Lane Departure Warning, automatic headlights, and rain-sensing wipers. Owners can choose to add Auburn Nappa leather seats instead, which cost $300.
While the new soft top Miata has been out since December, the updated MX-5 RF will be available later in February.
- RELATEDThe Mazda MX-5 Miata RF Explores the Epic Landslides of Big SurMother Nature has turned the world-famous road into California's Big Sur into a 26-mile dead end—and created a sports-car paradise.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Video Shows You Why the Answer to Everything is MiataThe enthusiast weapon of choice started with a journalist's idea.READ NOW
- RELATEDHere's the 2018 Mazda6 Wagon We Probably Won't Get in the U.S.It's like a CX-5, but much cooler in every way.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Mazda CX-9 Scores New Features, Starts at $32,130Mazda's seven-seater gets a number of safety upgrades, because bigger always needs to be better.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Mazda3 Starts at $18,095Mazda's handsome compact car gets lots of new features, even on base models.READ NOW